A Pet-Friendly Resort & Campground
Ocean View Resort Campground is a pet-friendly campground. To ensure that all campers have an enjoyable experience, we have established a few rules for those of you who travel with your pets.
- There are no additional fees for pets.
- The pets must be safe for our family camping environment. The pets must be of a safe and quiet temperament.
- Pets are not permitted with rental cottages or cabins.
- Pets must be licensed in their home state and have an up-to-date rabies vaccination.
- Campers must have proof of rabies vaccination available in the event that OVR considers a necessity to request proof of rabies vaccination.
- Pets are not permitted in our swimming areas (lake & pool) or our buildings.
- Pets may not be left unattended and must be under control of their owner at all times.
- Pets must be on a leash less than 6 feet in length whenever they are outside of the interior of the camper’s recreational vehicle.
- Pets on a leash must be walked by a person strong enough to control their pet should the pet become excited.
- Please clean up after your pets or your pets will no longer be welcome at the campground.
- No loud barking or unruly behavior.
- Please check with the Campground Office before bringing any exotic pets onto the campground property.
- Pets in tents are permitted, but not recommended.
- Pet owners must have personal liability insurance (homeowners, renters, RV) for at least $300,000 with no exclusions for the pet they are bringing into Ocean View Resort Campground.
Pet sickness or injury can happen any time, even while you are on vacation. Ocean View Resort Campground is located 2.5 miles from the only 24-hour Veterinary Hospital in Cape May County. Ocean View Veterinary Hospital is equipped to handle emergencies, sick patients, hospitalization, many soft tissue and orthopedic surgeries, and exotic pets.
Ocean View Veterinary Hospital
Directions to Veterinary Hospital from Ocean View Resort
Turn right when exiting the campground.
Travel 2.5 miles. The veterinary hospital is on the right-hand side.
Smartphone Apps for Pet Owners
- BringFido: Find great places to bring your dog, including restaurants, activities, events, and services.
- Rover: Dog sitters & walkers for trusted pet care when you need it!
Here are some recommended Pet apps courtesy of Tom’s Guide (https://www.tomsguide.com)
- Dog Walk (iOS & Android, Free) Track walking distances
- ASPCA Pet Safety (iOS & Android, Free) Safety and Preparedness hints
- ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center (Android, iOS: Free)
- Whistle (iOS & Android, Paid) Combines with pet color.
- DogVacay (iOS & Android, Free) Find local pet sitters.
- Pet Coach (iOS & Android, Free) Ask questions to a pet owner community.